Safety in the workplace is of utmost importance in all our company divisions.
Safety is our priority.
As an organization, we are passionate about safety and the wellbeing of our clients, our employees, their families, and our communities.
We have developed a close working relationship with regulatory agencies by promoting our internal safety standards and practices, and through strict safety enforcement and performance on all job sites.
Safety in the workplace is of upmost importance in all our company divisions, which is why we have developed and implemented a workplace health and safety management system. We also obtained our Certificate of Recognition. Working with both our employees and trade contractors, we instill the importance of awareness in creating a safe work environment.
All our employees are supplied with First Aid, CPR, WHMIS, Principles of Health and Safety, and Auditor training as required based on their position. Our detailed corporate safety manual is referenced continually in the field and reviewed annually to ensure compliance with evolving industry standard practices. Workplace instruction and job site safety meetings help us to reinforce these policies and procedures. Safety is not simply a concept, but an attitude of awareness about what is happening around us all day, every day. We strive to create the safest possible conditions for every job. We require our employees to familiarize themselves with all company health and safety policies, as well as the Occupational Health and Safety Act and Regulations.
At every work site, our corporation insists on the following minimum requirements:
- Emergency Response Plan.
- First aiders and first aid supplies.
- Safety signage displayed in prominent locations.
- Clearances obtained from all governing authorities required prior to the start of each task.
- Mandatory hard hat, safety glasses & steel toed boots with specialized PPE when required.
- Hazard identification, implementation of controls and regular site inspections.
- Competency based certification of workers for all tasks being performed.
- Hoisting, loading, platforms, staging, scaffolding, and other areas meet or exceed OHSA standards.
- All trade contractors will participate contractually in our health and safety program. This results in lower down time and compensation assessments.
- The company Health and Safety Manual is available for anyone to review at any time.
Are you looking to work on a large variety of projects, from sports arenas to restaurants? Are you looking for a construction company that takes safety as seriously as you do? Frontier Builders may be the right place for you. Feel free to contact us about available career opportunities.